I chose to call my blog "Fresh Eyes on Fresno" because I am new to the community and will be sharing a "fresh" perspective while creating a life in the sixth largest city in California, which by the way, totally surprised me. Fresno has 500,000 people who call it home and I am very happy to call it mine, too!

The other reason being that Fresno County is the richest and most productive agricultural region in the United States, brought to us "fresh" daily through the vast number of farmer's markets and vegetable fruit stands!
How lucky are we!

Return to Index

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

OOOOOO, so pretty!

Last week, my husband was shooting a commercial for one of his agency clients.  He's the Creative Director at Catalyst Marketing, a really fun group of talented people by the way!

My 15 year career was in advertising at a big ad agency in Los Angeles, and it's where my husband and I met.  I hadn't been to a commercial shoot in a very long time, so I was invited to go!

And, that is where I met Lisa!  Lisa was the makeup artist for the cast of the commercial.  I am a makeup junky, so I pulled up a chair in her vicinity so I could watch her do her magic!  She did an amazing job on everyone, making them look naturally beautiful!

Afterwards, I spent time talking with her about makeup and it's application.  I have been having a hard time figuring out what brushes I use with what makeup, cream or powdered eyeshadows, concealer or no concealer, dark lips or light, plum blush or pink????  I know there are some of you out there feeling my pain right now!

Well, feel it no longer - Ladies, go see Lisa at Muses Day Spa!  Take all your makeup and brushes, and she will look at everything you have and show you what works and what doesn't work and why.  She also did a makeup application on one side of my face, and then made me apply it on the other side!  She spent and hour with me and charges $55 - such a great value!  She's fun and knowledgeable and experienced - she even makes up celebrities on movie shoots!  I left there so much more confident and OOOOOO, so pretty!  Thanks, Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment